Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Settings I'd Like to See More

Top Ten Tuesday is a meme run by The Broke and the BookishEvery week, there is a new topic and you make a list based on that topic. This week's topic is "Top Ten Settings I'd Like to See More". Let's get started! 

1. Paris
I really enjoy books set in Paris. I don't know if it's because they are romances most of the time or what. But I enjoy them. 

2. London
I also really enjoy books set in London. Probably for the same reason I enjoy books in Paris. 

3. The American South
This is especially true for paranormal books. I enjoy the haunting feeling of books set in the American South. This was the primary reason I liked Beautiful Creatures. 

4. Kansas City
I don't think I've ever read a book set in Kansas City. I think it's doable and could be interesting. 

5. A paranormal/fantastical world not too different from our own
Think like Harry Potter. A whole paranormal universe connected to the one we live in, but because we're mortals, we don't realize it. Same goes for fantasy. My boyfriend refers to this as "Paranormal America". 

6. Boarding School
I really enjoy boarding school books, especially if they have elements of #5 in them too. 

7. 19th Century historical fiction
The 19th Century is really interesting in terms of technological and social revolutions.l I really enjoy fiction set in that time, especially if there is some sort of interesting twist (paranormal, steampunk, etc.) 

8. Road trips
I like road trips novels because they are set all over the place! I like the variety of places that one can go in a road trip novel. The possibilities are endless! 



I can only think of eight settings that I really enjoy and would like to see more of. There are settings I really enjoy, but setting isn't necessarily something I prioritize. It's more like, "Oh this book is set this place, I'll have to check it out." 


What settings do you like? What settings do you hate? Let me know in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment