Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten 2013 Debuts


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme run by The Broke and the BookishEvery week, there is a new topic and you make a list based on that topic. This week's topic is "Top Ten 2013 Debuts I'm Looking Forward To" This actually took some research because I am generally not good about keeping up with new releases and debuts- something I hope to be better about this year. 

1. The Madman's Daughter by Megan Shepherd Jan. 29th. 

I mentioned this book in my new releases for January post. It looks really interesting and I'm excited to see how it will turn out. 

2. Pivot Point by Kasie West Feb. 12th 

What if you could see both the outcomes to any choice you make? As someone who is a constant planner/worrier, I find this concept fascinating. 

3. Dualed by Elsie Chapman Feb. 26th 

In order to survive, you have to destroy your alternate- a genetic copy of yourself. Looks super action-packed. 

4. The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett Mar. 5th 

This also looks really good. I really enjoy books about enchanted boarding schools. 

5. The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller May 7th 2013

This is the exact opposite of what you would expect from a typical YA novel. A popular girl who is a nerd deep down. I'm excited to see how the author plays this. 

6. Triangles by Kimberly Ann Miller June 18th 2013

This looks like a fun summer read with a dark place. It takes place on a cruise ship and she ends up living a ton of alternate realities. 

7. Prep School Confidential by Kara Taylor July 30th

This looks like a fun girly read with a dark twist.  


8. Etiquette and Espionage by Gail Carriger Feb. 5th
This isn't a debut novel; however, it is her first YA novel so that is kinda the same thing. Summary reminds me of Gallagher Girls, so I am really excited to read  it.  

9. Cinders & Sapphires by Leila Rasheed Jan. 22nd
This is another not debut but first YA novel. This mystery looks really appealing and I'm excited to read it. 

10. Let the Sky Fall by Shannon Messenger March 5th
This story looks really unique and I'm excited to read it! 

These are the debuts/first YA novels I'm looking forward to in 2013. What books are you looking forward to? 

No comments:

Post a Comment