Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pivot Point by Kasie West

Pivot Point (Pivot Point, #1)
Photo from Goodreads
*Hey, guys! This book is currently $1.99 on both Amazon & Barnes & Noble. Just thought you ought to know*

Title: Pivot Point
Author: Kasie West
Published: February 12, 2013 by HarperTeen

Plot Summary from Goodreads:
Knowing the outcome doesn’t always make a choice easier . . .

Addison Coleman’s life is one big “What if?” As a Searcher, whenever Addie is faced with a choice, she can look into the future and see both outcomes. It’s the ultimate insurance plan against disaster. Or so she thought. When Addie’s parents ambush her with the news of their divorce, she has to pick who she wants to live with—her father, who is leaving the paranormal compound to live among the “Norms,” or her mother, who is staying in the life Addie has always known. Addie loves her life just as it is, so her answer should be easy. One Search six weeks into the future proves it’s not.

In one potential future, Addie is adjusting to life outside the Compound as the new girl in a Norm high school where she meets Trevor, a cute, sensitive artist who understands her. In the other path, Addie is being pursued by the hottest guy in school—but she never wanted to be a quarterback’s girlfriend. When Addie’s father is asked to consult on a murder in the Compound, she’s unwittingly drawn into a dangerous game that threatens everything she holds dear. With love and loss in both lives, it all comes down to which reality she’s willing to live through . . . and who she can’t live without


My Thoughts:
I seriously adored this book, it was so awesome! 

From when I first hear about this book, I was definitely intrigued by this book. I mean, who wouldn't want to be able to look into the future when making their decisions. But it turned into a dark story really fast, and I really wasn't expecting it. I also enjoyed that it alternated between the two options Addie had in front of her. I liked that they were a little connected, like the events would intersect and everything was really put together.

Addie was an interesting character. She definitely felt very real to me. So did her best friend Laila. I adored Trevor, he was awesome. I also really liked her dad; I thought his job was interesting. I didn't really care for Duke. Her mother was okay, I felt like she was kept at a distance on purpose.

I figured from the beginning the ending would be intense, but it wasn't the same kind of intense I was expecting. It was even better than the ending I had in mind. I completely understand why she choose the path she did and I agree with her choice.

I originally thought this was a standalone but I found our they're making this a series even if the next one sounds super dark, I'm excited to see where Kasie West takes it. 

Overall, I think if you like stories with multiple perspectives and a paranormal element, I would definitely recommend this book.

If you could, would you want to be able to see the outcomes of your choices? Why or why not?

*I am not getting paid to say these things. I just really like this book and think you would too!

No comments:

Post a Comment