Monday, July 1, 2013

Double Sign-Up Post: Summer Lovin' and Summer Reading Challenge

Hey, everyone!

Today, I'm combining two posts into one. This is my sign-up post for Semi-Charmed Life's Summer 2013 Book Challenge and the Summer Lovin' Readathon

Semi-Charmed Life's Summer 2013 Book Challenge
This challenge starts July 1st and ends September 30th.No rereads are allowed and each book must be at least 200 pages. One book can only be used for one category. And speaking of categories, here they are and the books I have planned so far.

5 points: Freebie! Read any book you'd like, as long as it follows the above rules. :)
5:  Read a book that is less than 150 pages long. (Yes, this is an exception to the general rules! You're welcome haha.)
10: Read a book with a color in the title. 
10: Read a book that is not the first in its series. (And yes, it must be in a series.) The Elite by Kiere Cass
15: Read a book it seems everyone but you has read! If I Stay by Gayle Forman
15: Read a banned book. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
20: Read a book written by a celebrity. This can be a memoir or a fiction book published by someone who was already famous by another means (e.g. James Franco). 
20: Read a non-fiction book that is not a memoir. It can be pure non-fiction or narrative non-fiction. 
20: Read a book that takes place in a state you have never been in. If you have been to all 50 states, choose a book that takes place in a country you have never been in. Also do the latter option if you are not American. This one will come to me. 
25: Read a book that is at least 400 pages long. The Diviners by Libba Bray
25: Read a book with a main character who shares your first name. If you have an uncommon name and really can't find a book, let me know and we can come up with an alternative. :)
30: Read a book written by an author who was born in the same year as you

Unfortunately, I don't have it all planned out so it will be surprise for us all what I end up reading and how many points I will get. My first update post should go up August 1st. 

The next thing I am signing up for is the Summer Lovin' Readathon! This readathon starts today and goes until the 7th! I will be updating my progress on my Goodreads account. 

I've been wanting to do a readathon for awhile, but when I tried to do one in May, but it failed epically since I was still recovering from the semester. However, I will be attempting to do one again. 

My goals right now is to finish what I'm reading now, Pivot Point,  as soon as possible. Then I have at least three books with me to get me through until I go home. Ideally, I was thinking I would start The Diviners  during this readathon, but I don't think that will be happening. 

Are you participating in either of these? Let me know in the comments! 

6 comments:

  1. So glad to have you! I just posted my preliminary list of books and invited everyone to link up with their lists, so feel free to check out the links if you need ideas for the rest of your categories. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome and thank you! I actually found a book where the character has the same name as me, so that's exciting!

      Delete
    2. That is exciting!! Most people are having trouble with that one. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm participating in both too! Feel free check out my list for any ideas! Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, just to let you know, I've amended the last two categories to make them a little easier. Check out my original challenge post to see the changes. :)

    ReplyDelete