Thursday, May 30, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

Hey, everyone! Sorry I've been slacking on the blogging this week, but quite frankly I've been working/been in recovery from the crazy weekend I had. It wasn't very crazy--I still got some rest and relaxation in--but there was so much going on.

I spent Friday with my family. My father's parents are buried in the area and they both served during World War II. Every Memorial Day, my parents, my aunt who lives nearby, and myself visit the graves and put flowers on them. After we usually go out to eat. This time we went to Steak and Shake.
My grandmother's grave with the flowers

Saturday, my boyfriend got the free tickets to the Royals Game, so we went with a big group of people. We were pretty fr up, but had really good seats right behind home plate. Also, his sister was proposed to while we were there, so that was fun.
Go Royals! (They lost, no surprise)

Sunday was my rest day. I spent most of the day lying around playing Pokemon White 2. Later, I went out to dinner with the Boyfriend and a mutual friend then hung out for a little bit.

Last Monday was a friend's birthday, so we went over to his brother's house and hung out. Then we played Settlers of Catan. I had never played before and even though it seems really complicated, I had a lot of fun. I would definitely play it again.

As far as books go, I bought a whole bunch from Half Priced Books when I went there Sunday with my parents. Everything was twenty percent off and I couldn't resist. Right now I'm reading We'll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han. I'm kinda iffy on it so far, as I have been with the whole series, but I'm interested to see how it will end.

What did you do this Memorial Weekend? 

No comments:

Post a Comment