Saturday, May 11, 2013

Bout of Books Readathon


Hey, everyone! Final exams are over and it's finally summer! (I think, I'm not quite sure). If you don't know what Bout of Books is, read below:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 13th and runs through Sunday, May 19th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 7.0 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team
Since one of my goals for 2013 was to participate in a readathon, I thought this one would be perfect since it is the week before my summer class starts! Unfortunately, I will be working Monday through Wednesday and unpacking Thursday and Friday with another graduation to attend on Saturday, I may not have a lot of time for reading. But I will definitely have more time than I have since February. 

One way I plan to counteract my busy life is to read books on my phone! I have the app for the Nook on my phone so I read on the go better! So the first books I will be reading will be from there, which will definitely get me through the three days I work, if not all week. So here's the list of books I definitely plan to read:
1. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell (I have this started on Goodreads, technically, but I haven't)
2. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta

Then I have three other physical books I hope to read over the course of the week:
1. Perfect Scoundrels by Ally Cater
2. The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson (Rereading in preparation for...)
3. The Madness Underneath by Maureen Johnson

So that's what I plan to read this upcoming week for the readathon! Truthfully, I will be happy if I get through the two books I have on my phone, but I will be ecstatic if I make it through all five books on my list!

I am also going to try to do daily update posts, but I will be updating my Twitter, so be sure to check that for updates. Goodreads, too!  

Are you participating in this readathon? (Sign up here!) If so, what are you reading?  

No comments:

Post a Comment