Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Authors on my Auto-Read List

Hey, everyone! This week's Top Ten Tuesday is "Top Ten Authors on my Auto-Buy List". But since I so rarely buy books (Lies: I bought three books last Friday) and it is no longer Tuesday, I thought I would talk about my favorite authors whose books I actively look forward to coming out.

1. John Green
John Green is probably my favorite modern American author. I have all his novels he's written singularly. He is the best. You should read his books. You will love him.
Recommended books: Paper Towns, The Fault in Our Stars

2. Maureen Johnson
Maureen Johnson is a hilarious author who has written a variety of novels. There's a lot of humor and a little romance and they are delightful.
Recommended books: The Name of the Star, 13 Little Blue Envelopes 

3. Rick Riordan
Rick Riordan is one of the few Middle Grade Authors I really like.  His books are full of action and yet there is still character development, which isn't always usual for plot driven books.
Recommended books: The Percy Jackson series. Start with The Lightning Thief and read for the next couple weeks. Then cry. 

4. Ally Carter
I adore Ally Carter's books! What I really like about them is that they have a lot of strong female characters who kick butt and take names, but they still act like typical teenage girls. It's an awesome balance.
Recommended Books: Start either the Gallagher Girls series or the Heist Society trilogy. Then read the other one. 

5. Stephanie Perkins
It's no secret I love romantic contemporaries, but Stephanie Perkins is the best of the best. Her novels are realistic and though the characters are very much in love, they have lives outside of each other, which is good and healthy.
Recommended books: Anna and the French Kiss or Lola and the Boy Next Door 

And those are the authors whose books I actively look forward to! Who are some of your favorite authors? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment