Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. It’s a fun way to get to know fellow bloggers while simultaneously enjoying the fun of a list!
This week's Top Ten Tuesday is "Good Beach Reads". One of the great tragedies of my life is the fact I do not live near a beach. However, when imagining myself on a beach, I can see myself reading these books.


Top Ten Beach Reads
1. L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad
I reviewed this not so long ago. It is just a light and fun book for the beach.

2. The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants by Ann Brashares.
An oldie but a goodie. Four girls magically fit into one pair of pants, so as they spend their first summer apart . Another light read wit some depth.

3. 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson
One thing you will learn rapidly about me, dear reader, is that I greatly enjoy travel books, especially during the summer where the bulk of my travelling will be occurring. This is one of my favorite travel books, and the book that started my love for Maureen Johnson. Definitely recommend.

4. Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty
I started this series last winter, and have been really enjoying it. It's another nice light read for summer, even though it takes place during the school year.

5. Carpe Diem by Autumn Cornwell
Another one of my favorite travel books, however it is underrated. Shows the importance of going with the flow and that you can't plan out your entire life.

6. Gimme a Call by Sarah Mlynowski
A girl communicates with her freshman year self in an attempt to change her current situation. What could possibly go wrong?

7. An Abundance of Katherines by John Green
Out of all of John Green novels, this is perhaps the best in terms of a summer read. It is a road trip novel and is downright hilarious.

8.  The Summer of Cotton Candy by Debbie Vigue
A girl working in an amusement park for the summer. Really light and fun.

9. Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding
Based of Jane Austen's most famous novel, Bridget Jones is hilarious.

10. I'd Tell You I Love You But Then I'd Have To Kill You by Ally Carter
Although this is another that takes place during the school year, it is a really fun book, though the series does get progressively darker.

What are your top ten beach reads? Do you agree/disagree with any of my choices? Share in the comments!

2 comments:

  1. Sarah Mlynowski is always a good choice. Have you read Ten Things We Did?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is probably the one books of hers I haven't read.It's been on my TBR list for a long time though.

      Delete