Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Books on My Summer TBR

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Hey, everyone! I haven't done a Top Ten Tuesday in forever, so I thought I would give it a shot this week. BUT, since I haven't read that much in 2013, I thought I would do the one from last week, Top Ten Books at the Top of my Summer TBR list.

1. The Diviners by Libba Bray
I have been wanting to read this book for forever, so when I found a copy at Half-Priced Books at the beginning of the summer, I decided to buy it! I really enjoyed Libba Bray's Gemma Doyle trilogy and I want to read more of her books.

2. Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger
E&E is another book I've been really excited about for a really long time, and yet have not read it. Unfortunately, I do not own this one, so I will have to rely on the library for it. It reminds me of Ally Carter's Gallagher Girls series, and since I adore Ally Carter's books, I think I will like this.

3. The Elite by Kiera Cass
I really liked The Selection, but I've only recently become very excited about The Elite. One night, I was trying to decide what to read next, and I really wanted to read this. But I am only number four on hold for my library so I must wait.

4. The Bling Ring by Nancy Jo Sales
I'm really excited for this movie, but my inner nerd tells me I must read the book first before I see it. However, procuring this book will be rather difficult as it would appear neither of my libraries carry the book.

5. Leviathan by Scott Westerfeld 
I borrowed this book from my boyfriend ages ago... and still haven't read it.

6. Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell
I started this at the beginning of the summer and have yet to finish it, so I'm planning to soon!

7. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
I bought this for my Nook when it was on sale, and haven't read it. I'll do this occasionally.

8. How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True by Sarah Strohmeyer
I read Smart Girls Get What They Want last winter and absolutely loved it! (I also love the new covers!). So I figured I'd give another of her books a shot!

9. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
I saw a review of this on the Perpetual Pageturner's blog ages ago and it sounded like something I would love, so I picked up at the library and I'm really excited to read it!

10. Spell Bound by Rachel Hawkins
Truthfully, this is the one I will probably read next, as I'm a currently halfway through Demonglass and am hoping to pick it up at the library tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment