Monday, July 2, 2012

June Wrap-Up

I think I am going to start doing wrap-up posts at the end of each month because I like to keep track of what I read each month. This, dear reader, will make you realize I don't review every book I read. There are many different reasons for this, and we will discuss those another time.

I read eleven books in the month of June, which is pretty good considering I worked the entire month. It is certainly more than I read in May (five) and more than I expected to read.

So without further ado, here's a list of books I read in June.

1. Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale
I really liked this one, but I think I prefer the first one.
2. Alice in Lace by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
This one was cute and was one of the few in the Alice series I hadn't already read.
3. L.A. Candy by Lauren Conrad
This was a light summer read.
4. The Ruby in the Smoke: A Sally Lockhart Mystery by Philip Pullman
A good mystery as an alternative to Nancy Drew.
5. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell
A Southern epic.
6. Nancy Drew: The Secret of Red Gate Farm by Carolyn Keene
This one was good!
7.Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
A great re-read! Looking forward to reading it in the fall!
8. Past Perfect by Leila Sales
This was super cute.
9. Alice in Charge by Phyllis Reynolds Naylor
Another great Alice book, this one dealing with bigger issues than the one I read earlier this month!
10. The Luxe by Anna Godbersen
Not bad, though the ending was spoiled for me before I started the book.
11. Insurgent by Veronica Roth
SO GOOD! Super excited for the next one to come out!

Good bunch overall! I'm excited to see what July has to bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment