Thursday, February 9, 2012

Update Time

So yesterday, I was going to write a blog post. Obviously, that didn't happen.

And I was going to give up on the idea completely, but after my early American Lit. class, I decided it would be a good idea to at least give you an update on my life.

I am in my second semester of college. I am now an active member of Phi Sigma Pi. My last class, Early American Lit, just discussed "Song of Myself" which has me thinking about all kinds of things, like the commonality of humanity, tramping a perpetual journey, and all that jazz.  Today has overall been a good day. 

I want to start blogging on a more regular basis, like once a week. I'll try to make it interesting, but I don't make any promises. 

A couple weeks back, I found a poem I really liked called "Desiderata" by Max Ehrmann, which was written in 1927. I had to present a poem in my Lit. for Adolescents class, and this is what I presented. I'll share a few of my favorite lines.

Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and ignorant; they too have their story.
If you compare yourself with others, you may become vain or bitter, for always there will be greater and lesser persons than yourself. 
You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, not doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy. 

I feel that all these lines are self-explanatory, but I'm an English Education major.

I also kinda want to start leaving you guys with an inspirational quote of the week if I actually keep blogging on a regular basis.

This week's inspirational quote is:
"The greatest obstacle to your success is probably you." - Frank Tyger

No comments:

Post a Comment